Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Retro WW Top Ten!

Let us pause for a moment and reflect.

It has been almost 6 months since I began The 1972 Retro Weight Watchers Experiment. In that time, I have gone through 5 boxes of Knox Gelatine, 4 batches of home-made "catsup" and countless cans of tuna. My house is often filled with the aroma of boiled celery and bean sprouts. My friends and family are afraid to visit. And I think my dear husband may have been emotionally scarred for life during a botched aspic incident. So far, it has been quite an adventure.

On that note--Please allow me to share my top ten favorite and most gag-tastic Retro WW Recipes that I have prepared and consumed thus far. Won't you please join me for a walk down memory lane?

#4 Crown Roast of Frankfurter
#3 Friendly Aspic
#2 Mousse of Salmon (Guest Post at Kitschen Feast)
#1 Catsup!

Looking back on the food I've consumed over the past 6 months, I can't believe I'm still alive. That is one nasty collection of funky recipes, right? It's hard to believe there are still many, many more I haven't even tried yet. Do you have a favorite of your own or a special request? Let me know!

There's no turning back now.

PS: I recently received a few blogging awards from some really cool fellow bloggers, and I would like to extend a very big thank you to all of them. What a kick! I was awarded the prestigious Versatile Blogger Award from Barb at Everyday Life's Issues and also from Pam at Go Retro! - And I was also very thrilled to receive the Divas & Champions Award from Ellen at Weighting Around - How groovy is that? Now go check out these fabulous ladies and their super cool blogs!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mimi! What about your weight after all those 6 months?

Marsi.

Bring Pretty Back said...

Mimi, it is surprising you are still alive. The names are even awful!
have a pretty day!
Kristin

Pam said...

That's a lot of gelatin, of which I am not a fan, so kudos to you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a journey, 6 months of retro WW. I'm also wondering if you lost weight?

I'm following with a new blog now, I had to close my other one It's Only 100 pounds. I look forward to catching up on your posts again.

Valerie

Paulette said...

Wow, what's with all the gelatin? I can't believe you endured for 6 months! So glad things have changed since then.