Friday, April 2, 2010

Pink Friday

I realized today that I have really been slacking off when it comes to the Retro Weight Watchers five fish per week rule. Coincidentally, it happens to be Good Friday today.

"Perfect", I thought, as I dove enthusiastically into the 1972 Revised WW Program Cookbook to search for the perfect fish dish.

As I flipped through the pages and pages of fish recipes, one in particular stood out above all the rest: Pink Lady Salad (fish, potato, and beets). There was no question in my mind that I had to try it.

I am simply going to post the ingredients and let you draw your own conclusions about this one:

  • 1 medium apple - cored, peeled and sliced
  • 6 oz. fish - boned and flaked
  • 3 oz. potato - boiled and diced
  • 2 oz. beets - diced
  • 2 oz. raw onion - diced
  • 1/2 tbsp. diced gherkins
  • 1/2 tbsp. drained capers
  • salt & pepper
  • dash paprika
  • 1 tbsp. basic "french dressing" (not from the bottle...oh no...this is an entirely different recipe which I just don't have the energy to go into right now)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and chill until ready to serve.


Sounds crazy.


Looks even crazier.

Tastes pretty good actually. Why can't all food be pink?

1 comment:

heidi said...

I don't think Rizzo would have eaten this...I'm glad to hear it tastes better than it looks, because it looks pretty [as Barbara would say] well, congealed for something that's not molded ;)

thanks for posting my button as super cool! when I try yours it gets cut off...help!