Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Egg Rules

Happy Easter! Good news everyone--EGGS are legal on the Retro WW Program. But as always -- there are a few peculiar "rules" provided by the 1972 WW Program Cookbook that we must follow:

  • No more than 4 eggs per week, for breakfast or lunch ONLY, never for dinner.
  • Eggs may be cooked in the shell, poached, or scrambled without added fat. Do NOT eat raw eggs.
  • Egg whites and egg yolks may be prepared in separate recipes provided that both white and yolk are consumed as part of the same meal.

There is no rule against dying your eggs. So go ahead... get crazy with the food coloring!


Would you believe I even found a recipe in my 1972 WW Program Cookbook for deviled eggs?! Oh yes. Easter is a happy day for the Retro WW gal.

Now if I could just find something in my Retro WW rulebook about chocolate bunnies and jellybeans. I'm sure there's a loophole in there somewhere.

2 comments:

Roz @ weightingfor50 said...

Love this post. Happy Easter Mimi!!

Ally said...

I love eggs, no matter how prepared, they are like my fave food. I once saw a nutritionist who suggested no more than 3 per week.