Sunday, February 24, 2013

Carrot Pie

Here's a little Retro Weight Watchers recipe you're sure to love if you enjoy eating freakishly small amounts of food which take a ridiculous amount of time to prepare and cook.

This is literally the smallest and least appealing pie you will ever eat. Well, OK, maybe there is one pie that is worse. Lest we forget the Frankenpie debacle of October 2012.

I digress.

To make the WW Carrot Pie (Hot Stuff Cookbook 1978) - one must peel & grate some carrots until you get 1/2 cup. Blend the grated carrots with some brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon - and then you are ready to pop the sucker into a 350 oven for 30 minutes. NOTE: The recipe calls for a "very small pan". Luckily I happen to posses the smallest pie pan on Earth (Thank you, Pyrex).

Not Worth the Effort - Trust Me

Here is the finished product. I have positioned it next to some household objects. I thought it may help display the utter foolishness of this recipe and the puny portion size.


If Your Pie is Smaller than a Post-It, You've Got Problems

In case you were wondering - it makes one serving, it tastes like soggy carrots, and it is disgraceful to call this a pie. So there you have it.

2 comments:

Roz@weightingfor50 said...

Hi Mimi,
I've been mia...and missed you and the retro site. I'm back, I'm caught up, and I'm smitten with your puppy. Hope you are doing well. Roz

Anonymous said...

This just made my day...laughing hysterically as I type.

I could tell by reading the directions that this would be terrible, but I am so glad you went ahead and made it anyway. You are a true girl scout.