Monday, May 7, 2012

WTF "Ice Cream"

After more than two years of Retro Weight Watchering, the question I am most frequently asked by my friends, family and followers is - "How long are you going to keep this up?"

My answer is simple: "Until I run out of crazy and interesting Retro WW recipes."

It never fails. Every couple months, I fear I have hit the end point. I flip through my cookbooks and magazines, but nothing strikes my fancy. Everything seems just ordinary. And then I say to myself, "OK, Mimi. I guess it's time to pack up your jello molds and call it a day."

Then I turn the page, and a beauty like this one shines upon me like a ray of sun. Just like that, the day is saved.

Please note the recipe illustration. It takes the mind to a very dark place.

When you see an Ice Cream recipe that involves Condensed Milk, Coconut Extract and Sauerkraut - you don't just WANT to make it. You HAVE to make it. You really have no choice in the matter.



I spent a LOT of time debating whether or not to invest in a bottle of coconut extract. Yeah, it was only $4.00, but still. I saved a little by purchasing the generic sauerkraut. I'm not proud of that. How did it taste? Not unlike an air freshener dipped in sauerkraut juice. Really. Try getting that flavor out of your sense memory. We might need to perform an exorcism up in here.


Perhaps I didn't rinse the sauerkraut well enough? Perhaps next time I will use a different extract flavor? Perhaps I should just move on with my life and pretend this whole thing never happened? Yep. That's the ticket.

5 comments:

roadsidewonders said...

I'm quite sure that this is the first time in English languate history that these words have formed a sentence :)

"Not unlike an air freshener dipped in sauerkraut juice."

Chantel said...

Oh my. *shudder* The mere idea of coconut flavored sauerkraut has chills skittering all over my arms! Back away from the kitchen...

RetroRuth said...

Oh my God!!!! This is epic! How disgusting is that! Oh my God.

Oh man.

Oh.

Well, now I'm jealous. I really, really, really, want to force Tom to eat it. :)

Sparkina said...

This is a real recipe? Now my face is green. Faces aren't supposed to be green, are they?

bebe said...

Cant.Stop.Laughing. :-)