Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Very Retro WW Thanksgiving

At precisely 6:30pm on Thursday November 26th, 1970 - a completely "legal" Retro WW Thanksgiving Dinner was served by a laser-focused WW member somewhere in America.

The Menu:

Founding Fathers Soup

Thanksgiving Day Roast Cornish Hen

Celery Mushroom Dressing

Parslied Squash

Creamed Spinach

Pumpkin-Orange Melange

Coffee and Tea

This awe-inspiring meal was featured in Weight Watchers magazine as the snazzy centerfold of the month back in November 1970.

Are you drooling? I thought not.

No mashed potatoes? No candied yams? No green bean casserole? No cornbread stuffing? No gravy? No pumpkin pie? No wine???

That's how they did it in 1970. It was hardcore, baby.

Let us now give thanks for the flexibility and forgiveness of modern day WW and PointsPlus. It just keeps getting better...Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Leanne @ The Skinny Architect said...

Oh, I don't know, that creamed spinach looks pretty baller. I'm sure it's made with powdered milk of some sort, and pimentos, a little part of my also hopes that hot dogs are hidden underneath. Yeah. Have an awesome Thanksgiving Mimi!!!

Roz @ weightingfor50 said...

Belated Happy Thanksgiving Mimi. I'm thankful that I found your blog some months ago, and thankful I'll never eat the dinner from the 70's! Take care!!!

Anonymous said...

The photo for that dinner screams DiS! challenge. But one that I don't want to take on.