Monday, March 24, 2014

In Which I Finish What I Started

Here's the deal.

It has taken me over a month to conjure up the desire to finish writing about the "Retro WW Rules".

And with only one lousy rule left, you'd think I could just suck it up, slap together some scary recipe and get it over with. But Oh. My. GAWD. I don't wanna. Like I really don't wanna. AT ALL.

RULE #9: MILK - You must use your daily allotment of milk. Women and men 16 ounces. Skim milk or buttermilk may be used interchangeably and at any time.


So I was going to make this thing called "Milk Ice" where you take a packet of Knox Gelatin and put it in the blender with some dehydrated milk, vanilla extract, water and fruit. No doubt it would have been awful. And smelly. And ridiculous. AND OHMIGOD I JUST CANNOT DO IT.

So instead, I am just gonna sit here and drink some reconstituted dehydrated non-fat milk powder straight from a Pyrex measuring container. As a punishment. Cause that's all I got left in me to give, folks.

After 4 years of blogging about Retro Weight Watchers food, I think I have finally hit the proverbial wall.

What does this mean?

I have no idea. But stay tuned, because this thing has to end somewhere. Somehow.


And you are all in this with me. Whether you like it or not.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Mimi, It has been a great fun looking back. It has brought back so many memories. Looking forward to see what's next! Chukster

yinzerella said...

Girl, if this is the end I won't be mad, as long as you still participate in a Jell-O challenge now and again!

Take a vacation, recharge, and you'll find your next project.
It's been fun!

S. S. said...

It's been a fascinating journey!

Ann said...

You have been making us laugh and cringe at some pretty strange food for a long time and all of us who read this blog have had a great time. Do what you need to, girl, and have fun. You are a fantastic gal!

Erica Retrochef said...

I remember the first time I got to try buttermilk as a child... I'd read Little House on the Prairie and Laura Ingalls described it as really refreshing and delicious. I was picturing milkshake consistency and was very sorely disappointed. (And what is the lactose intolerant WWer to do???)

Thanks for so many fun posts :-)

Shoes15 said...

Thanks again for this fun trip, Mimi. You've more than done your time on this excrutiating experiment. Cheers!

SusieQT said...

Hahaha my mom still makes that "milkshake" every nite. She loves it, it can't be that bad! I think she puts some canned crushed pineapple in it, that may help.

Chris said...

Hi Mimi, I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

Custom Homework said...

drink some reconstituted dehydrated non-fat milk powder straight from a Pyrex measuring container. Custom Homework

Cheap Assignment said...

you take a packet of Knox Gelatin and put it in the blender with some dehydrated milk, Cheap Assignment vanilla extract, water and fruit. No doubt it would have been awful.

Psychology Essay Help said...

blogging about Retro Weight Watchers food, Psychology Essay Help think have finally hit the proverbial wall.