Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Meat FAIL

I told you I was going to struggle with this damn MEAT rule.

OK. So it has taken me over a month to summon up the courage to post something about meat.

And I am now here to tell you that I have officially "chickened out" -- no pun intended. OK. Major pun intended.

After a month of screwing around, I am happy to report that I have found a poor sucker brave and wonderful person to do a guest post for my Retro WW meat recipe! Now I don't have to do it! Hooray!

The recipe our guest poster will be making is a little treasure from 1978 called "Chicken Sandwich Loaf", and it was inspired by one of my favorite Weight Watchers Icons of all time.

The One. The Only...

Her confidence literally gives me goosebumps. (source: askflorine.com)

FLORINE MARK!!!! I love this woman. Everytime she walks into a room, I imagine a horn section following her around just to announce her entrance with a "TA-DA!!!" She is classy and coiffed and professional. Florine is one of the leading WW Franchise Owners in Weight Watchers history. She talks the talk and walks the walk.

Get ready for a Florine-inspired meat & gelatin combo that will make your hair curl and your butt clench. Stay tuned...

Also--I am very excited to be participating in yet another Retro Blogging Challenge. And this one has a HALLOWEEN THEME! Later this month.....


Oh yeah. It's a Vincent Price Cookalong, baby! My friend Jenny over at Silver Screen Suppers has organized a creepy & crazy blogging challenge involving all recipes from Retro Vincent Price Cookbooks. Who knew this could even be a thing? Let me tell you...This challenge is HUGE. And awesome. In fact, Vincent Price's freaking daughter is even going to participate. I KNOW, RIGHT!?!?

And since my assigned VPC recipe for the challenge involves Chicken. I guess we will be sticking with the meat & poultry thing a bit longer. More meat. More fun. More retro love.


And to think, I was dreading this meat chapter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your awesome blog through foodieblogroll. I've really enjoyed going through your posts. So funny how our thoughts on healthy change! :) happy to have found you :)