Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Retro WW Experiment!

One year ago today I made a decision that changed my life.

I had a crazy idea. I was snowed in. I really needed a creative outlet.

So I became a blogger.

I will never forget my first post. How fun it was checking back everyday and hoping for followers. I still remember my first official follower. (Thanks Ellen) What a thrill!

Over the past year, I have fallen in & out of love with my blog many, many times - but I am glad we are still together. I have met some incredible people through this experience and have had a lot of fun in the process. So please join me in wishing a very Happy Birthday to the Retro WW Experiment...

Time to blow out the candle!

My 1972 "Raggedy Ann" Birthday Party

So what do you say we break the 1972 Retro WW rules and have a piece of cake? And maybe some potato salad. And ham. Just this once...

My Gorgeous Mom (holding the cake), Grandma, and family getting ready to PARTY!

I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to read my crazy little blogging experiment. I hope you have enjoyed the journey so far. I know I certainly have.

Cheers! And keep on sharing that groovy Retro WW love! There's lots more to come...

9 comments:

Lidian said...

Happy, happy Blogaversary, Mimi! Here's to many many more of your wonderful posts - I toast you in Diet Fresca, which I know is not as virtuous as water but it is really good (and diet, of course) :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimi. BIG happy Blogiversary to you and your site!!! I look forward to MANY more posts and lots of fun. Have a great day.

Sparkleneely said...

Happy Blogiversary, Mimi! I LOVE your blog so much, and am so happy you started a year ago. And while Lidian toasts you with Diet Fresca, I'll toast you with TAB and some of that special WW Vegetable Soup. So filling!

Looking forward to many more adventures with you and Jean!

heidi said...

Happy Anni, Sweetie! May more than our molded recipes cross paths some day!

Deborah said...

Just love that avocado green kitchen! I got married in 1973 and 90% of my wedding gifts were that colour! (yuck)

Shoes15 said...

Hey! I had a Raggedy Ann cake like that for my 6th birthday! Are you my long-lost sister?

Bring Pretty Back said...

HAPPY BLOG BIRTHDAY!
Keep on keepin' on!
Love your blog!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Pam said...

Happy Birthday to your blog, Mimi! I love The Retro WW Experiment! Here's wishing you many more blogging years. I love the Raggedy Ann cake and old photos.

Ms. Chunky Chick said...

Happy B day! I so love your blog!